Sunday, June 10, 2007

Progess!

After the encouraging start on intersections, I had multiple problems getting them to look right so I finally stopped trying, and for the past few months, moved on to other things. Knowing that the current version expires at the end of July, I decided to take another look and see if I could figure it out. This time, I quickly identified the root problem and got it to work. The intersection is made by creating the first road, adding a second road that crosses over it, then pointing at the intersection with the mouse and hitting the "i" key. As with a single road, the user gets 3 maps (bump map, texture map, and alpha map) with all the information already added by the computer.
With this completed, the next version will now allow multiple roads and at least one intersection. If I coded it well, I should be able to add multiple intersections but we'll see how easy or hard that is.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow That Look's Awesome.!