Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Progress on Intersections

I've been bedeviled for some time by some math that I finally figured out today. What I solved was the fact the when you move an intersection, the roads have to follow. If the road has more than 2 dots, the road didn't point to the center of the intersection (and a crash off the side of a cliff was sure to follow!). I finally tracked down the math problem and now it seems to work.

To add an intersection, your create a second road that overlaps the first. You then point with the mouse at the point of intersection and type the letter I. That splits the two roads into four and then opens them up for the intersection to fit in. You can then move the intersection and the road follows. Obviously this isn't complete - next I need to write the code that draws the intersection that fits into the gap.

No comments: